Let us Manage Your Directory Listings
More and more, consumers are turning to the internet to locate the local products and services they need. In fact, about 97% of consumers search online to locate local businesses. At least 12% look for a local business online every day. Therefore, ensuring your company is listed prominently in the appropriate local directory listings is crucial to your success.
This local linking with correct business information is also important for SEO rankings. The more accurate and consistent your company’s listings are on sites like YP.com, Yelp, BBB, CitySearch and others, the higher it will rank on Google and other search engines. The first Google result gets 44.64% of clicks, while the second receives only 20% or below.
The Importance of Directory Listings
Google and other search engines use several offsite factors to determine which businesses appear at the top of their search rankings. Among the most important are:
- The number of listings you have on other sites
- The consistency of your listing across all sites
- Number of Google reviews and overall rating
- Your website content and mobile-friendly factors
Moreover, some users prefer to search directly on specific sites, like Yelp. Therefore, if your business listing is in as many places as possible, more potential customers can locate you and discover what you have to offer.
Directory Listings and SEO
Ensuring that your company name, address and phone number (NAP) information is listed correctly on internet directories, business listing sites and rating sites helps to improve visibility. More importantly, backlinks from these sites will also improve your website’s SEO and search engine rankings.
The following information helps to boost SEO and provides consumers with important information for decision-making:
- Consistent basic contact information (NAP) in all directories.
- A link to your website. Backlinks are crucial to boost SEO.
- A detailed description of your business.
- Media provide searchers with a picture or video to give your company a personal touch.
Many location-specific directories and industry-specific business listing sites exist for the sole purpose of promoting your company to local consumers. Find Local Company will list your business with the most reputable and popular business listing sites as well as our own Find Local Industry Listings.
We Manage Your Business Listings for You
Obviously, your business listings need to be listed correctly and consistently online. Find Local Company handles this task for you as a part of our business identity management service. Our SEO and business identity management experts regularly perform the following tasks for you:
- Check internet listings and correct for inconsistencies
- Ensure that your company is listed in places where your customers look
- Provide information to handle missing and incorrect listings
- Improve the consistency of data so your website’s local search ranking climbs
You have your hands full running your business and serving your customers, and that’s where your focus should remain. Let Find Local Company handle the digital marketing work like SEO and business listings to boost your website visibility. Call or contact us online for more information.